Hello friend! Yes, I think of you as a friend. Why? Because, if you’re here then we are kindred spirits for sure.
Let’s get right to it… More than anything I believe in JOY. To me, joy is something you feel all the way in your toes – it’s not there all the time but it can be with us more and more, and yes, even in hard times, if we claim it. Joy comes in moments often unexpected, but always – only when we’ve chosen to be completely present.
Joy is something that I’ve been searching for since I was a little girl. I began to find it in my early twenties but I honestly didn’t recognize it at first. As I got a taste of joy, I wanted more and more. I wanted to truly be and create a joyful life.
I believe that family life can be blissful, even in all the chaos and crazy. That we (all of us parents) are people and that when you become a parent you don’t loose your people-ness – flaws and all. So yes, we are absolutely flawed, and we will never get it all right, but we are also meant to progress and grow and that too brings me joy.
I believe in board games, and family movie nights with popcorn and butter beer. I believe in conversations that unfold with our kiddos while sitting under a laundry pile that needs folding.
- I love traveling! We (Taylor+me+our 3 kiddos) spent most of 2016 traveling abroad!
- I’m a homeschool mom to my 3 amazing kiddos (this started when we decided to travel – we loved it so much, we haven’t stopped.)
- My favorite place on earth is in our little cabin in the woods. We named it Pine Haven.
- I really think I could live off a solid diet of dungeness crab and melted butter!
- I met the man of my dreams at 18, I knew he was the one on our first date! He’s the butter to my crab, the oreo to my milk, the beat to my song.
- We are terrible at staying still! I always think ‘this one’ is going to stick, but then… It doesn’t We have lived in Hawaii, Seattle, Portland, now Leavenworth, and then there was that year abroad.
- I love to cook! It all started by watching Food Network with pen and paper when I was 22 because I wanted to be able to make my hubby dinner.
- I love Broadway! Wicked is my favorite but we have tickets for Hamilton, so I’ll let you know if it changes! (Hamilton won!)
- I want to be a bird so I can fly, or get my pilot’s license which seems easier than sprouting wings probably. But, any chance to feel like I’m flying and I’m all over it!
- I’m a cryer! No really, something went terribly wrong after babies and now I cry at ANY kind act, sweet commercial, book, song – pretty much anything!
I fiercely believe in happy marriages and families, even despite our flaws. I believe in a loving Father in Heaven who knows and loves every aspect of who we are.
My goal is to inspire joy. To live, love and create the most beautiful marriage and family life that I can… it’s never going to be perfect but I will always strive to make progress.
Let’s help each other.