- My average sale quadrupled! – Rebecca V.
- I went from half a dozen portrait sessions to about 40 a year. -Jamie Z.
- I got a new camera after using the same one for 7 years! – Elaine G.
- I bought a Mercedes after I tripled my income (in only 6 months)!! -Maria S.
- I got to take my family on a Disney Vacation for 7 days because of THRIVE! -Melissa D.
- think about the “why” behind business decisions for the year
- look at your lifestyle, financial, and relationship goals
- develop a 12 month map to grow your profits and to grow as a person
- definitively lay out strategies and systems to take your business to the next level
- create a plan to grow your web presence
- assess and analyze your profits
- seek out new or untapped revenue potential
- ‘S’ Monogram Pillow by Kess
- Tommy Bahama Green Palm Pillow by Mica Blue
- Black & White Wavy Check & Plus Pillows by Fresh Workshop
- Black & White Stripe Pillow – Ikea
- Tan Sectional Cushions – Allen & Roth at Lowes
- Big Roller Lawn Dice by RH2 Creations – This brings family Yahtzee to whole new level!
- Juggling Bags from Once I was – Our juggling skills are still in question but for those from the 90’s, we did get to show the kids hacky sack.
- Garden Stool – Home Goods
- Welcome to My Hood Mat by Eryn Makes *these are such a great price with so many funny options!
- Sun Catcher Glass Flower by Statements By Design Glass Geometric Terrarium by Sandhill Shores
- Air Plants by Sea & Asters *these things are so cool, you can put them in anything because they are completely dry.
- Ceramic Wind Chime by Earth Wind Stoneware
- Mini Air Plant Cube by Sea & Asters
- Mason Jar Chandelier by Boots N Gus
- Green Wine Bottle Tiki Torch by Great Bottles of Fire
The moment I walked into the backyard with our realtor, I could see possibility. I was immediately imagining summer dinner parties, outdoor movie nights, and lots and lots of memories to be made. We bought the house last year in June, and since then I’ve been working room by room, space by space to create something all our own.
This summer’s big project has been the backyard! We (and when I say we, I totally mean my husband – my job is really to just point to pictures in the Restoration catalog and say, “Just like this.”) have been working on all kinds of DIY projects, and I’m loving the way they are turning out! Don’t worry… we will be sharing the full reveal with tutorials.
So what have we been making? First I had to come up with my inspiration. Our backyard is very green with minimal flowers (thank goodness cause I don’t keep flowers alive very well), so I created a concept that would compliment the green but was designed for entertaining. I wanted it to feel welcoming and relaxing but still modern and fun. Once I finished the inspiration board, it was time to get to work. Taylor began building, while I worked on finding the styling aspects and accessories to bring it all together.
SOURCE LIST: 1. Edison Style String Lights – Found mine at World Market / 2. Pillows: Tommy Bahama Banana Palm Pillow by MicaBlue, Black and White Stripe Pillow from Ikea Solid Coral Pillow from AnyarwotDesigns / 3. Restoration Hardware Belvedere Sectional (We will be making our own DIY RH Inspired Sectional) / 4. Farm Table (Similar here) – We will be building our own DIY Table. / 5. Outdoor Monogram Pillow by Kess, White Garden Stool from HomeGoods / 6. Air Plants by Sea & Asters / 7. Cement Fire Table (image source) – We will be building our own DIY Fire Table / 8. Mason Jar Chandelier by BootsNGus / 9. Lanterns (I found mine at HomeGoods) / 10. Outdoor Throw Blanket from Houzz / 11. Sundial Side Chair by Serena & Lily / 12. Outdoor 8×10 Rug from Overstock / 13. Wooden Cooler Box (image source) – Found mine on Etsy from Sweetly Salvaged
So far Taylor has built a RH Belvedere inspired sectional, a 10 person farm table, and a fire pit! Next will be the cement forms for our planter boxes and Gas Fire Table.
Summer in Seattle has been especially amazing this year, and I have been loving getting to enjoy it in our almost ready to reveal backyard. Today though, I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing our Inspiration Mood Board. I can’t wait to share the full reveal!
I love dreaming up and playing with packaging – l-o-v-e i-t-! As I child my mom taught me to take pride in wrapping a present. To crease the edges and fold the paper in just so and of course, how to create a beautiful bow. This skill came in handy at one of my very fist jobs for Bernard Callebaut Chocolates. One of my favorite tasks was to make the gift baskets, I would place each item with so much care and add just the perfect pieces to create interest, color and layers, then I would choose which tissue and ribbons I felt would finish each basket best, when I wasn’t scheduled to work they would save the bow making for me. I can remember how good it felt at 15 years old to know that I was the bow maker for the shop. My love for packing is not something I plan to ever outgrow.
I am an absolute sucker [read: sure I’ll pay double cause it’s pretty] for beautiful packaging. When I receive something that’s been thoughtfully packaged, I melt. I knew I wasn’t alone in my love affair for beautiful packaging so when I built my own business, I took great care and (with much excitement) worked hard to build beautiful touch points through welcome packets, treat bags, swag gifts and packaging. I wanted my clients to experience opening a beautiful package over and over again as they worked with me. And that’s just what I set out to do. But there was one problem, while sometimes I did have the time to hand cut tissue and create custom pieces, I knew it wasn’t the best use of my time and as I got busier, I had to find ways to streamline my workflow.
Over the last couple years I’ve been searching for just such a packaging line that would be beautiful, but make my life simpler too! And then my amazing friend Jane Johnson launched her own line of Luxe Packaging with H-BPhoto and my conundrum was finally solved! Her gorgeous boxes that I swear she must have designed just for me come in gold, jaded (a gorgeous emerald) and tuxedo and the best part? They come with the tissue paper pre folded into the boxes! So no more cutting and folding to size for me. I just grab a box, lay my prints into the pre filled tissue and I’m 1/2 way done.
Being one that can’t decide until I actually have my hands on it…I of course, had to see all 3 of the Luxe Line box options so that I could decide which one to use (I still haven’t decided so I’m hoping you’ll help me!) I had so much fun styling and branding these beautiful boxes for Leah Remillét Photography. I have giant jars, boxes and trays in my office that are filled with tissue and ribbons and stickers and stationary and everything came out when it was time to play!
Here’s what I’ve come up with. You’ll find my full source list below and I’d love to hear which one is your favorite?! Leave a comment with your vote!
*If you don’t see something sourced and you want to know where I found it, just leave a comment and I’ll let you know!
Gold Boxes & Tissue by HB Photo & Jane Johnson
Black Sparkle 3/8″ Ribbon from Amazon
Branded Seal Stamp by B2O with LR Icon and Gold Wax
Round Sticker from Moo with LR Icon
Black & White Packaging:
Tuxedo Boxes & Tissue by HB Photo & Jane Johnson
Gold Glitter 5/8″ Ribbon from Amazon
Black & White Washi Tape – Check out Paper Mart’s collection
Gold Glittery Heart Sticker form Paper-Source
Green, Black & White Packaging:
Jaded Boxes & Tissue by HB Photo & Jane Johnson
Black & White Stripe 1.5″ Ribbon from Amazon
Gold Glittery Heart Sticker form Paper-Source
*My fabulous Logo & Brand was Designed by the Amazing Laura Kathryn Creative
And I found this super cute video for Jane Johnson’s packaging line that’s filled with fun inspiration…
I’m offering a brand-new FREE training to help you set the course for 2015, making it your best year yet! I’ll be sharing my personal steps that helped transformed my business and my life. Where I meet goals and exceeded them, how I found order in my days and in my life, and when I learned to run my buisness instead of my business running me.
No really don’t keep reading, pause for just a minute and think about it. What would this year look like, what would you be doing, what would you be involved in, where would you cut back? What do you really want your business and your life to look like???
I want you to have the life you imagine. I want you to feel and know that you are in control of your life and I want to share how you can make it happen.
- The truth about why you haven’t reached your goals yet & how to fix it.
- How to build authentic goals & why most people are miserable instead.
- How to stay focused on what you want even after January is over
- Leah’s 3 Step Process to Building Your Action Plan
- Simple Test to know if you’re on the right track
- Go “behind the scenes” – Learn exactly how & why I took the strategic steps I did to reach my goals
We just finished our first webinar training and here’s what people had to say. Remember You can access the same truing at 6pm tomorrow (on Thursday).